On 10.9.2015. 9:57, Claudio Jeker wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 09, 2015 at 11:57:57PM +0200, Hrvoje Popovski wrote:
>> On 9.9.2015. 10:10, Claudio Jeker wrote:
>>> This is a port of the em(4) IPL_MPSAFE changes made by kettenis@ to ix(4).
>>> Seems to work for me but don't expect any miracles.
>>>
>>> Please test
>>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> i am testing your patch with bridged and routed setup and everything
>> works nice. ix card is dual port 82599ES and i'm generating from 5Mpps
>> to 14Mpps on box that is connected to ix1. in routed setup box connected
>> to ix0 receives around 750Kpps and in bridge setup around 600Kpps.
>>

> There are still some issues with this first version. Here a 2nd version
> that pushes the kernel lock even a bit further and tries to solve some of
> the problems between the interrupt handler and the ioctl code.
> There is still something not fully right here since my torture loop of
> ifconfig ix0 down; sleep 1; ifconfig up; sleep 5
> is looking up my box after a while.

#!/bin/sh
while true; do
ifconfig ix0 down; ifconfig ix1 down; sleep 1; ifconfig ix0 up; ifconfig
ix1 up; sleep 5;
done

this script is working for 3 hours without problems... will let script
working over night and will generate traffic through openbsd box...

i noticed that when ifconfig up is executed that interrupts on cpu0 went
to 30% for that moment ... don't know is this is expected