On 23.05.2016 17:47, Martin Pieuchot wrote:
On 23/05/16(Mon) 16:51, Gerhard Roth wrote:
Why do you need to set a default route in the first place?

Just like PPP this was designed as a point-to-point interface. The idea
is that once you get an uplink, all traffic should be routed through it.

Sure, my point is can you add the route *once* you get an uplink?

Ok, all of this was meant to be an intermediate solution ;)

The idea was that once the MBIM driver was accepted into the OpenBSD
kernel, the information provided by the MBIM_CID_IP_CONFIGURATION msg
would generate an extended version of the RTM_IFINFO routing message.
This message would pass the DNS server and the default gateway that
was reported by the provider up to any listeners as RTAX_DNS1,
RTAX_DNS2, and RTAX_GATEWAY.

Then I would write a daemon sitting there and listening for this kind
of routing messages and once it receives them, perform the required
actions, i.e. updating /etc/resolv.conf and/or setting the default
route.

But that was planned as a second step. The first step would be the
simple solution we have there right now. And because it would go
away later on, I didn't give it too much thought.

Gerhard