On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 11:17:56PM +0200, Gerhard Roth wrote:
> Well, the device still refuses to turn on the radio and without it,
> there's no chance to register with the provider.
>
> That you see more information now is just due to the fact, that the
> state machine now continues beyond the "turn radio on" step.
>
> You might try the FCC auth patch, but I'm not very confident about
> it in your situation. Your device already speaks MBIM, so why should
> we need to enable it.
>
> I haven't got the slightest clue, why it refuses to turn on the radio.
> It might be related to the type of SIM card. But honestly, I don't know.

I tried to apply your most recently posted public patch again on a clean
tree and ran into some problems with patching. As soon as I figure out
what changed between your patch and -current src I will try again with a
Verizon Wireless SIM card. It does seem that different device firmware
is specific to specific carriers in some cases but it's not that clear.
If I can rule out the SIM card causing problems it is at least one step
further along. Thanks again! I hope that umb(4) can make it into OpenBSD
soon!

Bryan