On 2016/06/14 23:17, Gerhard Roth wrote:
> You might try the FCC auth patch, but I'm not very confident about
> it in your situation. Your device already speaks MBIM, so why should
> we need to enable it.

As far as I can make out, the FCC auth is to enable the radio rather
than anything else, the command has to be sent over (qmi-over-)MBIM.
I haven't had time to get a linux install to see how it behaves there
but I would assume that it could easily look like an rfkill until
that command is sent.

The patch I sent (I think it may have been offlist) is highly unlikely
to work as-is, it looked like the device needs to be reset as well
after sending the command..