On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 07:26:27AM -0400, Ted Unangst wrote:
> Jonathan Gray wrote:
> > Now that the A20 works it likely makes sense to switch
> > the cubie miniroot from the A10 based cubieboard1 to the A20
> > based cubieboard2 which more people seem to have?
>
> forgive the insane question, but does this imply that it
> doesn't work on the a10 board?

The u-boot and dtb images are in most cases only for
a single board.

So we either need to create board specific miniroots or
require people to add u-boot and dtb before booting
install images and after install.

With u-boot being either at a raw offset or on the fat fs
depending on the board type.

This is because these machines don't have firmware in a rom
in most cases, so we can't create a single install image.

So yes, switching the miniroot to use the cubieboard2
specific u-boot will result in it not working on cubieboard1.