On Sat, Jan 14, 2017 at 11:31:00AM +0000, Peter Kay wrote:
> On 14 January 2017 at 11:23, Stefan Sperling <s...@stsp.name> wrote:
> > On Sat, Jan 14, 2017 at 11:03:24AM +0000, Peter Kay wrote:
> >> On 12 January 2017 at 15:06, Stefan Sperling <s...@stsp.name> wrote:
>
> > So your first test might not have had 11n enabled since the first two
> > versions of my patch had a bug where 11n was left disabled on 2GHz only
> > devices. Please check with 'ifconfig media athn0' whether 11n mode is
> > actually supported.
> 'bad value' regardless of what interface I run this on?
>
> > What does your /etc/hostname.athn0 file look like?
> > Please specify 'mode 11n' in your /etc/hostname.athn0, and also fix the
> > channel with a line such as 'chan 1'. There are known problems otherwise.
> > For reference, this is what I am using:
> >
> >   media autoselect mode 11n mediaopt hostap chan 10
> >   nwid stsp.name wpakey xxxxxxx
> >   up
> inet 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.0 1.1.1.255 description "802.11b/g wireless"
> media autoselect mode 11n mediaopt hostap chan 9 nwid "myap" wpakey
> "ultrasecurepassword" wpaprotos "wpa2"
>
> I'll try applying the latest patch if it will make a difference,

Please upgrade to the latest snapshot instead. It should have all the changes.

> but the clients did think they had a carrier at greater than g speeds.

If you upgraded from 6.0 to -current to test the 11n patches, note
also that we recently disabled the TKIP pairwise cipher in -current:
https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-cvs&m=148224048415556&w=2

If one of your clients says it cannot authenticate, then this client may be
trying to use TKIP/WPA1. You can enable wpa1 explicitly for such clients:
  ifconfig athn0 wpaprotos wpa1,wpa2
But understand that you'll be running broken WEP-grade crypto if you do this.