> How about just dropping support for /etc/appletalk.names, which as far
> as I can tell was never used, and drop the manpage bit, reducing it by
> 10%. Most of the text in the manpage is outdated anyway, talking about
> /etc/atalk.names - support for which was removed in 2004 with the
> privsep work. Something like this:

Sure sure.

My main objection to full removal was that you see a numbered packet
flying over your network and don't know what catagory it is in.
Suddenly google search is neccessary because tcpdump is going out
of the way to not help.  So it should help, answering the minimum
question of "what type is that packet, should I worry".