On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 03:29:29PM +0200, Lauri Tirkkonen wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 15 2019 15:24:57 +0200, Lauri Tirkkonen wrote:
> > Your points are valid and I agree with them completely. There are
> > clearly problems with lock contention,
>
> and I should mention here that I would probably not have observed the
> magnitude of these problems had I not made make start more jobs at once
> in the first place. So while the make/mk diffs need more work, we've
> already identified more areas of improvement as a result of trying them
> out. But one thing at a time. :)

Seriously, as much as what you're doing is interesting, you've not identified
anything new in THAT specific area.  We've run enough build configurations
to know about those scalability issues for years.

It's cool that you found new races that are hidden by expensive jobs, though,
that much I fully agree with.