Diogo Galvao writes:
> On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 6:37 PM Anthony J. Bentley <anth...@anjbe.name> wrote:
> >
> > What browser are you using that misrenders the page like that?
>
> Firefox 71.0. It must have something to do with monospace font
> rendering on Windows.

Thanks. These details were necessary to reproduce the problem.

> Even if there was no problem, the current style dt { float: left; }
> isn't very solid for the expected behavior. This becomes clear if we
> manually introduce line breaks inside one of those <dt> tags. This is
> not a real example in this case, of course, but it shows how an element
> could be pushed beside a previous floated element. If it's desired for
> an element to be moved below another floating element that precedes it,
> the clear CSS property must be set.

Yes, we should avoid brittleness. But rather than use several display,
float, clear, and content properties to continue styling definition
lists the way we have been, I think replacing with a simple table will
be more appropriate. In general, www should be editable by mere mortals.