On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 19:27:22 -0400
David Blevins <blevi...@ieee.org>:

> OpenBSD Community,
>
> I've been experimenting with the OpenBSD 6.7 install process (though
> this "issue" is likely present in earlier version) and have noticed
> that the fdisk program in the installation program will destructively
> edit the hard drive upon selecting either MBR or GPT partitioning.
> I have repeatedly wiped a test hard drive's partitioning scheme as a
> consequence of this, in spite of only desiring to examine the
> partitioning scheme.

This is explained in the INSTALL.amd64 file (I guess you use amd64)
https://ftp.fr.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/6.7/amd64/INSTALL.amd64

    The installation program will ask you if you want to use the
    whole disk for OpenBSD.  If you don't need to or don't intend
    to share the disk with other operating systems, answer "w"
    here to use "MBR" partitioning or "g" to use "GPT"
    partitioning. The installation program will then create a single
    partition spanning the whole disk, dedicated to OpenBSD.

> Additionally, I have noticed that (per warnings in the installation
> program) GPT partitioning does not work on my system.  Does anyone
> have insight into this issue, and if so is there any interest in
> a fix for GPT partitioning?
>
> -David Blevins

You shoud provide information about your system. I never had issue
with GPT.