On Sun, Sep 06, 2020 at 07:45:32PM +0200, Stefan Hagen wrote:

Hello Stefan,

Thanks for this! I'll leave others who are more familiar with the website
guidelines to comment on your patch, but I hope something like it can go in,
as I found it a bit difficult at first to work out how to use webcams under
OpenBSD.

I have one tangential comment:

> <h3>Using a webcam as user</h3>

> permissions.

This made me wonder if uvideo should have an equivalent sysctl to audio (i.e.
kern.audio.record)? Most, but I'm not sure all, webcams do display a light to
tell you they're recording, but I can see that there is a security concern
here.

Laurie