Hi Alexander,

On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 10:22:32PM +0100, Alexander Hall wrote:
| I googled for "POSIX find", and hit this:
|
| https://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/utilities/find.html
|
| => "Only a plus sign that follows an argument containing the two
|     characters "{}" shall punctuate the end of the primary expression.
|     Other uses of the plus sign shall not be treated as special."

Yep, I also found that when looking into this.  It's unforunate, as it
implies you can't use `-exec {} ... +` with e.g. ln, mv or cp, but oh
well.

(also, nitpicking, 'an argument containing the two characters "{}"'
includes an argument like "hh}hh{hh", which I'm pretty sure is not
what they mean)

| What you do in your diff is exactly that, treating it special.

I'm not sure I agree.  I make sure I do not treat it special unless
it's at the end of the argument to 'exec'.  Can you elaborate on what
you mean here?

Thanks!

Paul

                 http://www.weirdnet.nl/