On Fri, 04 Dec 2020 20:15:13 -0800
Greg Steuck <gne...@openbsd.org> wrote:

> George Koehler <kern...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > If I do ddb set a bad value, then sysctl refuses to show the value:
> >
> >     # sysctl ddb.console=1
> >     ddb.console: 0 -> 1
> >     # sysctl ddb.trigger=1
> >     Stopped at      ddb_sysctl+0x114:       ori r0,r0,0x0
> >     ddb{0}> set $radix = 0t2
> >     ddb{0}> c
> >     ddb.trigger: 0 -> 1
> >     # sysctl ddb.radix
> >     sysctl: ddb.radix: Invalid argument
> >
> > This diff might be better than doing nothing?  I'm not sure.  --George
>
> I'm game for changing the range of ddb.radix to [2..INT_MAX] if you
> think that's better. I doubt it makes that much of a difference either
> way.

I prefer to keep [8..16]; your ddb_sysctl diff from Nov 30 is now
ok gkoehler@

The only good $radix values are 8, 10, 16.  I might want to restrict
both "sysctl ddb.radix=" and "ddb> set $radix =" to 8, 10, 16; but I
have not written the code to restrict them.  Your diff restricts only
"sysctl ddb.radix=" to [8..16], which is easy with sysctl_bounded_args
and without my needing to write more code.  Your diff is better than
nothing.  I'm sorry that I took so long to give the ok.