On Tue, May 04, 2021 at 11:47:43AM +0200, Hrvoje Popovski wrote:
> I'm not sure that with iwx and eduroam, sysupgrade can finish. Maybe i
> need to wait longer, will try that ... sysupgrade will finish if iwx is
> disabled or hostname.iwx0 is removed from etc before doing sysupgrade

If iwx is disabled, dhclient won't be started. The problem for sysupgrade
is that dhclient never goes into the background when it gets started. This
has nothing to with iwx. It is about dhclient and 802.1x.

I suspect proper link state reporting doesn't occur with 802.1x and no
wpa_supplicant running. But I don't know enough. Locate someone who
understands dhclient, and/or someone who understands our 802.1x hack,
and they will hopefully find a solution for you.