On Sat, Aug 28, 2021 at 05:05:18PM +0000, Klemens Nanni wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 28, 2021 at 10:44:48AM -0500, Aaron Poffenberger wrote:
> > Based on conversations in another thread, here's a patch documenting
> > use of /upgrade.site in the sysupgrade(8) man page.
> >
> > The revised doc references /upgrade.site and includes examples for
> > updating packages from Sebastien Marie.
>
> Documenting is the right approach, imho (I didn't even know about
> $MODE.site) but this should probably be done in autoinstall(8).
>
> This feature has nothing to do with sysupgrade per se and next to
> upgrade.site there's also install.site.

$MODE.site isn't specially related to autoinstall(8) too :)

> I'd amend autoinstall(8) and briefly mention it in sysupgrade(8), just
> via EXAMPLES or so to avoid duplication but showing a neat usecase.

Currently, these scripts seems to be only documented in the FAQ
(https://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq4.html#site). so having some
additionnal references at them in few man pages would be good.

Having examples in sysupgrade(8) and in autoinstall(8) makes sense to
me.

FAQ could be expanded a bit too.

Thanks.
--