Dear OpenBSD developers.

I am just a hobbyist programmer looking at the programming landscape. I value
safety and security in software and i admire and appreciate the OpenBSD project.

Out of interest i am look at learning a new programming language, specifically
a systems programming language. I already know some basic C(and a few other
languages), and i am in the process of learning C++. I am considering Rust
next. But this is what i want to ask you guys.

Rust totes itself as a systems programming language that promises memory safety
and so far it seems to deliver on that promise. I was just wondering, what are
your opinions on Rust and do you guys think it is a worth while language to
learn. You have a lot of experience with writing secure code in C/C++ and this
is why i am asking. What is your experiences like in this area?