On Fri, 10 Sep 2021, 08:56 Martin Schröder, <mar...@oneiros.de> wrote:

> Am Do., 9. Sept. 2021 um 15:03 Uhr schrieb el3ctr0lyte
> <el3ctr0l...@protonmail.com>:
> > Rust totes itself as a systems programming language that promises memory
> safety and so far it seems to deliver on that promise. I was just
> wondering, what are your opinions on Rust and do you guys think it is a
> worth while language to learn. You have a lot of experience with writing
> secure code in C/C++ and this is why i am asking. What is your experiences
> like in this area?
>
> It took me three clicks to find this mail from Theo:
> https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=151233345723889&w=2
>
> What have you done but distract OpenBSD's developers?

Ada has a better chance with less compile time and is more secure than Rust
actually, but then it's had a FSF compiler for many years with noone
writing tools. So I wouldn't be too hopeful.

Unfortunately it's compiler is also GPL with an exemption.... 😔

It would be strange if tools were written in Rust for Linux when Ada has
been there, all these years. Of course, systemd happened.