> Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 07:53:13 +0100
> From: Anton Lindqvist <an...@basename.se>
>
> On Tue, Mar 08, 2022 at 01:44:47PM +0000, Visa Hankala wrote:
> > >
> > > Fair enough, new diff.
> >
> > Maybe the comments should omit the FIFO space description and just
> > mention the lack of the level control register in the SBSA UART
> > register interface.
>
> I ended up tweaking the comments before committing. Thanks for all the
> feedback.

Hi Anton,

This diff seems to break things.  When I boot my rpi4 it now prints:

  pluart0 at simplebus0: rev 0, 16 byte fifo
  pluart0: console
                  bcmbsc0 at simplebus0
  iic0 at bcmbsc0

so it appears that a carriage return character is lost here.

Later on output stops at:

  reordering libraries: done.

and only when I reboot the machine the login prompt appears, but with
some wierd respawning:

  OpenBSD/arm64 (rutter.sibelius.xs4all.nl) (console)

  login: init: getty repeating too quickly on port /dev/console, sleeping
  init: getty repeating too quickly on port /dev/console, sleeping

  OpenBSD/arm64 (rutter.sibelius.xs4all.nl) (console)

  login:
  OpenBSD/arm64 (rutter.sibelius.xs4all.nl) (console)

  login:

If you don't have a quick fix for this, may I suggest reverting the
commit?  We're heading towards release and we don't want the serial
console on the rpi4 to be broken.

Cheers,

Mark