On Sun, May 22, 2022 at 01:07:42PM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2022/05/21 17:04, Tobias Heider wrote:
> >
> > Oh, makes sense.  I think it may still be related to the IDs, so checking if
> > ikev2_pld_id matches what you expect for srcid might be a good start.
> > Maybe the apple client is sending something different than
> > "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
> > in their dstid.
>
> I'll try to find what they've got it set to in the week, though if they
> followed my setup docs it will match what I've set in iked.conf.
>
> iked.conf(5) just says "will be used by iked(8) as the identity of the
> local peer" so it's a surprise that a mismatch would cause iked to
> disallow the connection, seems like maybe a fallback would make sense if
> there's no explicit match?
>
> If anyone else reading sees this after updating to 7.1 and has direct
> access to an iPhone, any chance could you help us debug please?
>
> > If this doesn't help we could try adding a few printfs to see why the policy
> > fails to match.

Stuart I have an iPhone 13. I use it very little so am not a guru with
it, nor am I familiar with what has happened in this thread.

If you give me the required directions/instructions I will do what I
can to help.

I am running 7.1-current (GENERIC.MP) #540 on a laptop at present and
it can be updated if needed whenever required, preferrably from a
known real mirror site.

Regards
--
aer