Hi Mike,

On Thu, Jun 16, 2022 at 09:19:50PM -0700, Mike Larkin wrote:
> From your original dmesg:
>
> > acpi0: wakeup devices PEG0(S4) PEGP(S4) PEG1(S4) PEGP(S4) PEG2(S4) PEGP(S4)
> > SIO1(S3) RP09(S4) PXSX(S4) RP10(S4) PXSX(S4) RP11(S4) PXSX(S4) RP12(S4)
> > PXSX(S4) RP13(S4) [...]
>
> Notice the [...] at the end, this is printed after 16 devices. What I'd
> suggest
> is this:
>
> 1. remove the code that truncates this list after 16, and note down all the
> wake
> devices.
>
> 2. If there are any in S3, try using ZZZ instead of zzz. If the machine does
> not instantly
> wake, it's possible it's because of one of those S3 devices doing the wake
> (since ZZZ
> uses S4).

I'll try removing the truncation then. Bear with me.

In the meantime, notice that the truncated list does include one S3 item
`SIO1(S3)`. I don't know if that's what we are looking for?

FWIW, I have already tried `ZZZ` on this machine and it does succeed to
hibernate, but upon wake up, it hangs when decompressing the memory image. I
left it decompressing a ~50MB image for more than an hour and concluded it had
got stuck.

> 3. If everything is S4, well, you're going to have to trace down those short
> names
> like PEGP, PXSX, etc, and disable one at a time until you find the one that is
> doing the wake. And it's possible it's none of these and is a fixed function
> button or something.

One additional piece of info, which may be worthless. I tried a Debian live USB
stick, to see if Linux was able to sleep this box. It was able to.

I don't know if that rules out the idea of a fixed-function button?

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett

https://www.theunixzoo.co.uk