Hi Mike,

On Fri, Jun 17, 2022 at 10:20:35AM -0700, Mike Larkin wrote:
> Oh, didn't read this closely enough the first time. If ZZZ doesn't instantly
> wake
> the machine, then it's one of the two S3 devices described in your next email.
> Since one is XHCI, I'd disable xhci in ukc and see if that helps. Or maybe the
> other *hci(4)s also.

Alright, so here's some more info.

 - disabling xhci in ukc: the system fails to boot multi-user. The first
   oddness comes where cpus #1-3 fail to "become ready" (as reported by dmesg).
   It spends a while thinking about these cores not coming up, before
   eventually proceeding, but eventually hard resetting. I guess the system
   really needs xhci to function then...

 - disabling ehci or ahci: no change to sleep behaviour.

 - disabling usb: no change to sleep behaviour.

I don't see any [XEA]HCI options in the BIOS that I could tweak.

Unless you have any other ideas, I'll try disabling random devices in the hope
that I can narrow it down... I've already tried the network card, it aint that.

Thanks.

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett