Leah Rowe <i...@minifree.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I had an interesting idea for OpenBSD. Haven't tried it yet. I'm
> wondering what other people think of it? The idea is, thus:
>
> 1) Do execution tracing and just run a program. Do everything possible
> in it to the fullest extent feasible and get an entire log of the
> trace. OpenBSD can do tracing:
>
> https://man.openbsd.org/dt
>
> https://man.openbsd.org/btrace
>
> https://blog.lambda.cx/posts/openbsd-dynamic-tracing/
>
> 2) Write a program that scans for all system calls in the trace,
> suggesting what pledge promises to use. See:
>
> https://man.openbsd.org/pledge.2
>
> I call this idea "autopledge".

Additionally the two outcomes of this will be:

1. Don't call pledge in the program.

2. Use pledge("audio bpf chown cpath disklabel dns dpath drm error exec fattr
flock getpw id inet mcast pf proc prot_exec ps recvfd route rpath sendfd
settime stdio tape tmppath tty unix unveil video vminfo vmm wpath wroute",
NULL);

And 1 and 2 are different, subtle but important.

We should write a program that looks at all conflict and finds a simple
solution for world peace.