On 19 Oct 2023 16:36, Silamael Darkomen wrote:
Hi,

I just upgraded to Squid 6.3 under 7.3 and noticed that it no longer starts if configured to use multiple worker processes.

After some debugging I found that net.unix.dgram.sendspace with its 2k limit is the reason. Squid uses Unix sockets for IPC and sends messages larger than those 2k (saw slightly more than 4k in ktrace).

As this limit seems pretty historical and all other Unix sockets use larger limits and have sendspace same as recvspace I would suggest to increase net.unix.dgram.sendspace to 16k as net.unix.dgram.recvspace.

PS: Tested on 7.3 but 7.4 seems to use the same old limits.

Greetings,
Matthias

Sorry for the second mail.