Am 01.06.2005 um 22:14 schrieb Daniel Schmeck:

I use the template toolkit for generating static html pages. At the moment are
all templates with german content.

For the future I'm going to generate every page two times. One page with german content, the other page with english content. Images, outgoing links, layout are the same on both pages. The only difference is the translation of
the text.

At the start of the web page the user can choose the german or the english pages. If you choose the german pages the menu and the content is german.

What's the best approach to doing this? Are there any plugins or frameworks
for this?

If not, what options do I have to realize it myself?

My source templates are plain text files . Are xml source templates better for
internationalization?

I'm thinking over this options:

a) different templates,

b) multiple strings in the same template or

c) multiple elements in a xml file.

Am i the only one here using Locale::Maketext?

I like Catalyst::Plugin::I18N which is based on Locale::Maketext::Simple.

--
sebastian