Well, then I think you satisfied your academic interest? :) With
addition from Chad, everything is really clear now, I think.

And what about to solve your problem, related to group permissions -
it's simple: don't use groups to manage your permissions. Instead,
create separate user, and run scripts from this user. Using separate
user to run scripts is also reasonable from security point of view.
You can use suexec (for Apache) or FastCGI (everywhere) to accomplish
this.

HTH

2011/9/9 Todd Wade <tr...@sbcglobal.net>:

> [...]

Sincerely yours,