Our group routinely communicates with an FM server via DirectDBMS, so let me
offer some dumb questions/advice

1] are you sure you using the right JDBC driver for the version of the server
you are talking to
        Is the JDBC driver located where TS can use it?

2] can you run a simple query in TS and get an answer

        select * from Packages

        Use  TS to limit the response to 1 row

        If you get a response, ask for the zero row!

        @@request$resultset[0,*]

        The column names may have some surprises for you (they certainly did
for us when we set this up)

If you cannot get a response from the select *, it has to be a driver/url
problem

Your JDBC for filmmaker should look like this.

 <DataSource ID=“databasename">
                                                <DSN>databasename</DSN>

<DriverClass>com.filemaker.jdbc.Driver</DriverClass>

<URL>jdbc:filemaker://111.11.11.111/databasename</URL>
<filemaker://111.11.11.111/oir%3C/URL%3E>

<JNDIName>databasename</JNDIName>
                                                <Properties/>
                                </DataSource>

3] If you CAN connect, be sure to reference all actual column names (as found
in your select statement) within double quotes. We found that to be a failsafe
for us.

Like this

SELECT p."last", p."first", p."middle", p."ned", p."current_ic",
p."current_prof_design", p."current_Lab",p."Current_PD_Affective_Date"
FROM PersonnelFile p
where p."ned" = '<@ARG NEDID>'
order by p."last",p."first" asc

Dale Graham