What would you recommend to use to split the columns?

I think I will need to scan using tesseract column by column.
So after that I will need to merge it to make correct rows.

Can you point me a direction to help me?
What tools (unix compatible tools) can I use to tell tesseract to scan a
specific  column?

Later I will recompile to test, but first I need to find a way to scan correct
these reports to generate CSV files to import later to a database.
If it works I will spend more time tunning tesseract.

Have you ever did this before? (scan reports using tesseract or other tools to
generate csv files)

Thanks