On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 10:47 PM, JVIyer <jawant...@gmail.com> wrote:

> *A lot of times I have seen fairly good number plate images being OCRed
> inaccurately. This could possibly be due to the word recognition stage. Has
> anyone found a way to disable the dictionary / word recognition.
> *
> Saurabh, Have you been able to accomplish this ? Could you kindly share
> your insigths ? I have a similar need.
> Thanks a lot in advance.

First of all - make sure that "fairly good" is also relevant for binarized
version of your image.
Next - dictionaries can be disable only at init time [1], [2]. So create
config file where you specified (load_system_dawg F)
which dictionaries[3] should not be loaded .

[1] https://code.google.com/p/tesseract-ocr/issues/detail?id=737
[2] http://code.google.com/p/tesseract-ocr/wiki/ControlParams#Details
[3]
https://code.google.com/p/tesseract-ocr/source/browse/trunk/dict/dict.cpp#43