Thanks for tagging the releases zdenko.

Now, it will be possible to automatically mark teh revisions so that the
code compiled from git does not report being '3.04'

I posted the following as response to issue 1317

By using [m4_esyscmd_s([git describe --tags --long --always])]
in configure.ac
you can get a version number of the format
"3.03-rc1-106-g9e8629d"

where
3.03-rc1 is the tag for the last tagged commit
106 is the number of commits since then till the current revision
9e8629d <https://code.google.com/p/tesseract-ocr/source/detail?r=9e8629d>
 is the abbreviated hash tag of the current revision

Shree Devi Kumar

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/CAG2NduUxLDk92viz%2BB70CJ07mFNs4TMzSq33usiApXZsL4bcPQ%40mail.gmail.com.