On Friday, August 15, 2014 at 2:13:47 PM UTC+5:30, Dovhani Foneworx wrote:

> Under which circumstances you will  need training tools, when you say "if
> you plan to use training tools"?.
>

> On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 5:25 PM, Nick White <nick....@durham.ac.uk
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>> Zdenko's right. To help you out more, you seem to have skipped over
>> this part of the instructions in the Compiling wiki page:
>>
>> sudo apt-get install libicu-dev      # (if you plan to make the training
>> tools)
>>
>> Nick
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 07:10:47PM +0200, zdenko podobny wrote:
>> > It looks like you ignored configure warnings...
>> >

>> > Zdenko
>> >

>> > On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 3:17 PM, Dovhani Foneworx <dfon...@gmail.com
>> <javascript:>> wrote:
>> >
>> >     Hi, when I do "make training" the following error showing that is a
>> bug in
>> >     the code comes up.
>> >

>> >     normstrngs.cpp:27:49: error: unicode/unorm2.h: No such file or
>> directory
>> >     In file included from normstrngs.cpp:23:
>> >     icuerrorcode.h: In member function ‘virtual void
>> >     tesseract::IcuErrorCode::handleFailure() const’:
>> >     icuerrorcode.h:55: error: ‘errorName’ was not declared in this
>> scope
>> >     normstrngs.cpp: In function ‘void
>> tesseract::NormalizeChar32(char32,
>> >     GenericVector<int>*)’:
>> >     normstrngs.cpp:133: error: expected initializer before ‘*’ token
>> >     normstrngs.cpp:135: error: ‘class tesseract::IcuErrorCode’ has
>> no
>> >     member named ‘assertSuccess’
>> >     normstrngs.cpp:139: error: ‘nfkc’ was not declared in this scope
>> >     normstrngs.cpp:140: error: ‘class tesseract::IcuErrorCode’ has
>> no
>> >     member named ‘assertSuccess’
>> >     normstrngs.cpp: In function ‘bool
>> tesseract::IsWhitespace(char32)’:
>> >     normstrngs.cpp:179: error: ‘u_isUWhiteSpace_4_2’ was not
>> declared in
>> >     this scope
>> >     normstrngs.cpp: In function ‘bool
>> tesseract::IsUTF8Whitespace(const
>> >     char*)’:
>> >     normstrngs.cpp:183: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
>> integer
>> >     expressions
>> >     normstrngs.cpp: In function ‘bool
>> tesseract::IsInterchangeValid(char32)
>> >     ’:
>> >     normstrngs.cpp:228: error: ‘u_isISOControl_4_2’ was not
>> declared in
>> >     this scope
>> >     normstrngs.cpp: In function ‘bool
>> tesseract::IsInterchangeValid7BitAscii
>> >     (char32)’:
>> >     normstrngs.cpp:235: error: ‘u_isISOControl_4_2’ was not
>> declared in
>> >     this scope
>> >     normstrngs.cpp: In function ‘char32
>> tesseract::FullwidthToHalfwidth
>> >     (char32)’:
>> >     normstrngs.cpp:252: error: ‘class tesseract::IcuErrorCode’ has
>> no
>> >     member named ‘assertSuccess’
> [...]

Dear Sir

when i am running "sudo dpkg -i *.deb" last command its showing error ...i
am new to tesseract and opencv please suggest me who i can install and
link  tesseract with opencv.

dpkg: error processing archive *.deb (--install):
 cannot access archive: No such file or directory
 *.deb

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/5455b918-ed15-4567-9e50-46e5f4d97391%40googlegroups.com.