On 19/08/2016 00:22, ShreeDevi Kumar wrote:
I am wondering whether it would be possible to download only the needed
traineddata files from tessdata repo (optional) into the designated
tessdata-dir (which has the required tessdata files).

I found the following options but haven't been able to try them out yet ..

1.
https://coderwall.com/p/o2fasg/how-to-download-a-project-subdirectory-from-github
using svn export

2. https://github.com/intezer/GithubDownloader
python script to download multiple friles from a repo

you can download any single file with wget or curl:

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tesseract-ocr/tessdata/master/COPYING

Regards
Marco

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/7b923527-fe07-668a-4fd9-edc116b43e80%40gmail.com.