Checked with both light & dark pdfs. The results are very good. Thanks.

A few concerns. E is consistently missed in both. J is missed consistently
in darker image but recognized as T in dark image. ṝ is recognized as ṛ
consistently. Can these be addressed ?
I am using tesseract 4 alpha windows build from command line.

Are the dev files in repos ?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/f942f9b9-a767-4d9e-9de7-0855179db9b5%40googlegroups.com.