Doug MacEachern wrote:

On Thu, 22 Nov 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:

I can extend it to engulf the plan() extension that we have added and then
the only function you will ever call with plan() is skip_unless. I
think this:

 plan ..., skip_unless('cgi', 'lwp');

there's no point in overloading plan anymore then. we should just change it to:

skip_unless(...);

plan tests => $tests;

and have skip_unless() print "1..0\n..."; exit; if conditions are not met.

sounds good.

personally, i would rather keep the the current plan shorthand and change
skip_unless to be called as it is above.

I didn't get you? do you prefer to make this change and disengage skip stuff from plan:

 skip_unless(...);
 plan tests => $tests;

or do you prefer:

plan ..., skip_unless('cgi', 'lwp');