On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:

> agreed, but the other suggestion to check the first line of .t is too
> restrictive.

how so?  the first line thing is just to say 'scan this file'.  if the
magic isn't on the first line, the file isn't scanned.

> Also when you want to get to the CONFIGURE section you have to require()
> the file, which means it'll run the code in it, which is not good.
> (compare with .pm, where everything is made of functions).

right.  so we do it different from .pm's and just eval the 'sub CONFIGURE
{...}' part.  and for good luck, as part of the eval we can toss in:
use Apache::Test;
use Apache::TestUtil;
etc.

if the CONFIGURE sub needs anything else, it can 'require' it.  no more
painful to the user than having it another file.

> Also notice that Ken's request is different from what CONFIGURE does.
> CONFIGURE doesn't add stuff to .conf, the __DATA__ section does.

i know that.  i brought CONFIGURE into the conversation because if we're
going to scan .t's for __DATA__ we might as well look for CONFIGURE too
while we're there.