On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:

> I guess 'restrictive' wasn't the right word. I've a gut feeling that
> test writers will not remember that it must be a first line and there
> will be no warnings that they've done it wrong (e.g. put it as a seconf
> line). Oh well.

i don't think we should worry about that.

> I was thinking that the best solution would be to encode the need for
> scanning a certain file in its name. e.g. foo.conf.t or foo.c.t, foo.ct
> (like this one the best since it won't appear in the tests stats
> output), so you still have one file and no need to open the files at
> all. The only caveat is if you decide to add the config part to an
> existing test you have to re-name it in cvs, plus MANIFEST file. Not
> sure which of the evils is less of an evil :)

well first there is the same problem as above, if authors forget to name
their files special.  second, having to rename files is no good.
third, there will either be funny looking test output or we have to
rewrite Test::Harness to rip the special part of the name out.