On Thu, 5 Sep 2002 09:23:37 -0700
Justin Erenkrantz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 05:48:51PM +0200, Jacek Prucia wrote:
> > Yep. I was thinking about treating all subsequent requests kinda
> > like separate URL list. Just like a stack.[...]
> Yeah, a stack is probably the right data structure to use here.  I'm
> not sure if we should detect redirect loops or not.  That gets pretty
> complicated to enforce (mainly because it *is* valid to see a URL
> twice in one profile).  I'd guess I'd prefer it just sitting in an
> infinite loop rather than trying to test redirect loops unless we
> have a precise detection algorithm.

Aye. I goofed up. I was actually thinking about global config option
like: loop-count=4. That option would apply *only* to temporary urllist
(forked after 3xx or 401 response). We could mark such temporary urllist
and pay close attention to what is going on there, since dead loop could
eat up all system resources in no time (if there's nobody around to
press Ctrl-C).

regards,
--
Jacek Prucia