Geoffrey Young wrote:

William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
 > At 07:02 PM 7/9/2003, Geoffrey Young wrote:
 >

 >> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
 >>
 >>> It seems like the API for ap_mpm_query would be simpler to
 >>> follow, just extended to run outside-of-apache.
 >>
 >> probably, and it would certainly be safer than checking -V
 >> output. the issue I see with this is that thus far Apache-Test is
 >> pure perl, so it seems overkill to get into the C API and XS for
 >> just for one small feature.  unless I'm missing something, that
 >> is :)
 >

 > You are :-)  It sounds like httpd -V should grow some ap_mpm_query
 > output for the user to know what sorts of flags are toggled for
 > that build of httpd?

ok, I see - something similar to apxs -q? that would definitely be useful.

We already have this functionality in Apache::Build in modperl-2.0. Perhaps it needs to be abstracted so it can be used from Apache::Test without having mod_perl enabled.

I'm no vacation for the next two weeks, but when I get back I'll take a stab at the interface and see what I can do (if nobody beats me to it).

in either case, I still think have_apache_mpm() is a decent API for Apache-Test, no matter how it's implemented behind the scenes. does it make sense to get that in first as I last proposed then change the implementation later? I guess the other option is to dump have_apache_mpm() in favor of a more generic query_apache() (or have both :)

+1

__________________________________________________________________ Stas Bekman JAm_pH ------> Just Another mod_perl Hacker http://stason.org/ mod_perl Guide ---> http://perl.apache.org mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] http://use.perl.org http://apacheweek.com http://modperlbook.org http://apache.org http://ticketmaster.com