On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Randy Kobes wrote:
[ .. ]
> > If the above is on the right track, one possibility is to
> > do the following (in cases where possible LoadModule directives
> > are needed by Apache-Test):
> > - die if an httpd.conf isn't found in a directory conf/ in an
> > expected relative location to httpd (or perhaps add an option
> > allowing a user to specify where httpd.conf is, if it's in
> > a different relative to httpd).
>
> This sounds like a good idea to me. Apache::Test already
> provides an option to specify a custom path to the httpd.conf
> to inherit from.
>
> t/TEST -help |& grep inherit
>    -httpd_conf         inherit config from this file (default is apxs derived)

I didn't see that - that's great ... Does specifying explicitly
the working httpd.conf help with your problems, Slaven?

> > - test the configuration, and if an "Invalid Command ..." error
> > is generated, suggest to the user to either supply the right
> > httpd.conf, or check the validity of the existing one.
>
> test the config of httpd.conf to be inherited or the autogenerated one?

I was thinking of the inherited one, in case that a wrong one has
been picked up. But with the ability there already to specify
the httpd.conf to inherit from, perhaps this is overkill.

--
best regards,
randy