Randy Kobes wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:

Randy Kobes wrote:

I've been looking at getting apxs for Win32 working on Apache 2.
There's a number of changes needed due to the current reliance on
libtool, so initially I've tried just a pure Win32 version - if
anyone wants to try it, I've put up two files - Configure.apxs
and apxs.in - at http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/. Running
  C:\Some\Path> perl Configure.apxs
(in the same directory as apxs.in) will guess at your Apache2
directory (a --with-apache2=... option can be specified to tell
it explicitly), and then an apxs.bat will be created under
C:\Path\to\Apache2\bin\, along with the associated
C:\Path\to\Apache2\build\config_vars.mk.

where would it go? Apache::Test? mod_perl?

If there's consensus, I think the better place would be
Apache-Test, as it can be used outside of mod_perl. If so,
I'll clean things up a bit, and put up a new version; I
could also generate something for Apache-Test's Makefile.PL
to have it configure and install this on Win32, if wanted.

+1

[...]

I'll take a look at this tonight as well - it'd probably
be easier to change, for Win32, the assumption of the
name of the httpd binary when apxs is present.

Thanks Randy!