Geoffrey Young wrote:

I'm not sure. IMHO we should leave the failures and coredumps until the module
is fixed :-)

well, my idea (at least) is to have a clean test suite for 1.3, 2.0, and
2.1.  theoretically, there may be "broken" code in 2.0 indefinitely - places
where the answer is "yes, we know it's broken.  please upgrade."  in cases
like that, it's probably more proper to skip (or todo) the test on one
platform, rather than having the tests constantly (knowingly) fail.

I suppose for each failure you need to ask the developers whether they think it should be fixed in 2.0 or not. If yes, then mark it as a todo item (don't just skip it). If not, then certainly skip it and add a reason why it's going to stay broken in 2.0.