On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 10:57:25AM -0500, Geoffrey Young wrote:
> it really depends on what you're trying to accomplish.  Apache-Test is for
> what is generally called 'unit tests' or 'functional tests' - given known
> input, make sure your code gives you the correct output.

Now that you mention it, I had thought Apache-Test would be performing
system tests since it utilizes a server similar to a production
environment in order to do the testing. Obviously, I'm a newbie to
testing and have lots to learn! I would appreciate some recommendations
for books that explain the big picture view of testing. Have any titles
on your bookshelf that you'd suggest for someone like myself? I don't
know of any books that discuss testing specifically from a Perl
perspective. Do you?

Thanks,
William

--