On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 06:35:11PM -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
> because it could find itself. Try to move things with the current A-T cvs,
> it should work fine (i.e. 'make clean' should delete
> t/conf/apache_test_config.pm
> after the project was moved), if not than more work is needed, in which
> case please provide the steps to reproduce the problem.

Can you tell me the module which was modified? I cannot compile under
Windows.

> Nothing will be overriden unless you tell it to do so. Which you get with
> -save:
>
>   perl Makefile.PL -httpd c:\apache2\bin\apache.exe -save

That's good to know.

> I wonder whether it'd be a good idea to invalidate invalid bits of the
> saved config, e.g. if apxs is saved but can't be found on the filesystem?
> So if someone install apache in one location, run A-T which saves that
> location, and then nukes apache and reinstalls it into a different location
> it'll drop the previously saved config since the path to apxs and/or httpd
> will be invalid.

This would seem to be helpful though I'm not sure it's a top priority.
The frustrating thing for me was that the following command was not
resetting the apache_test_config.pm settings (little did I realize at
the time though that this was where the old path was being cached):

  `perl Makefile.pl -httpd /path/to/httpd`

Not being able to clean up the environment via a `make clean` was
perhaps the reason that apache_test_config.pm was not able to be
rebuilt.

Thanks,
William

--