> By splicing you mean 'Include ken_extra.conf' from t/conf/httpd.conf?
> Yes, but have_module() doesn't look it up in any of the conf files, it
> looks it up from the config object $cfg->{modules} which get populate
> with available modules when the config is generated, and it only scans
> the inherited file, it doesn't scan any of the files in t/conf.

no, what I meant was that ken_extra.conf (httpd.extra.conf.in ->
httpd.extra.conf) would get appended to the currently generated httpd.conf,
then _that_ result is what is scanned.  but maybe it's not as simple to
change the internal logic to accomodate that.

>> anyway I was just making a suggestion - it seems limiting to me not to
>> have
>> substitution in extra configuration files,
>

> But that's exactly what Ken doesn't want. He wants to give his own file
> which he has cooked already. This new option and your suggestion don't
> contradict each other. and each has a merit for existence.

I still don't see how the idea I'm proposing isn't sufficient, save that it
would need to live within t/conf.  that we could make it support variable
substitution doesn't mean that it can't be 100% hard-coded.

>> or to be able to specify one kind
>> of config file from the command line but not others.  but it's not like I
>> have the tuits to do anything about it now anyway, so I guess it stays
>> as is :)
>

> :)

:)

--Geoff