On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 10:56:06AM -0700, Stas Bekman wrote:
> Yes, I'm aware of this problem too. I sometimes use a different workaround.
> Using Geoff's one liner:

OK, I'll use this method.

> Also William can you check what Test::More does to deal with this problem?
> Eventually we may drop t_cmp completely and move into Test::More, whose API
> is much reacher and you better use it from the very beginning instead of
> Apache::TestUtil, if you can afford requiring Test::More.

All tests in the following script pass:

---------------------------------
   use Test::More tests => 2;

   # Test scripts for Stas
   is (
           undef,
           &get_undef,
           "Retrieve undef from subroutine"
      );
   my $rv = &get_undef;
   is (
           undef,
           $rv,
           "Retrieve undef from subroutine - use variable for
           comparison"
      );

   sub get_undef {
       return;
   }

I like that idea of adopting all of T::M. However, does T::M have a
comparable function to t_cmp that gives the expected and received
values? I *really* like the verbose output that t_cmp gives!

William

--
Knowmad Services Inc.
http://www.knowmad.com