Cliff Woolley wrote:
On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

stas        2004/04/04 21:35:21

 Modified:    perl-framework/Apache-Test/lib/Apache TestRun.pm
                       TestConfig.pm
              perl-framework/Apache-Test Changes
 Log:
 Don't try to set ulimit unlimited for coredumps on Solaris, unless run
 as root
 Submitted by:  Rob Kinyon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Um, wait, why is this?  I have "ulimit -c unlimited" in my non-root-user
.bashrc on Solaris 8 and it works fine (it worked on other versions as
well).

The only time it won't let you set it as a normal user that I was aware of
was when the system-wide login script has it set to something less than
"unlimited" explicitly ... a normal user can decrease the limit but not
increase it.

Cliff, did you have a chance to look at this issue? Thanks!