> You know, I'm inclined to remove that stupid $RedirectOK global
> variable, because you can't tell whether it was set by the user of
> Apache::TestRequest. This makes it difficult to decide whether or not to
> let LWP handle the call to redirect_ok(). What say you all to my
> changing this to a class method, say RedirectOK()? Then it can be
> smarter about who is doing what to whom.

that sounds fine.  well, fine enough for us to chew on some posted code
anyway :)

> It would require I change the
> tests that rely on it, but they don't appear to be too many:
>
> % grep -r RedirectOK t
> t/modules/alias.t:    local $Apache::TestRequest::RedirectOK = 0;
> t/modules/alias.t:    local $Apache::TestRequest::RedirectOK = 0;
> t/ssl/proxy.t:        local $Apache::TestRequest::RedirectOK = 0;

that's not so bad, but it will affect users somewhat - I know that I have
used it in at least one of my tests...

maybe keeping $RedirectOK but moving the perl-framework (and mod_perl) over
to the new API would be a nice compromise (along with a deprecated warning
in Changes).

--Geoff