Joe Orton wrote:
On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 03:23:46PM -0500, Stas Bekman wrote:

Geoffrey Young wrote:

what's the replacement for .cvsignore under svn? I can't see where the
data in .cvsignore has migrated to.

each directory now has properties and one of those properties is which files
to ignore. see

Yes, but how do I see the change? I've seen Joe removing .cvsignore files. I have no idea whether he has added the properties for each of the removed files or not. The changes should be emailed no?

The .cvsignore properties were automatically added into the svn:ignore
properties by cvs2svn when the repos was converted, so when I removed
the .cvsignore files that's all I did, nothing else needed tweaking.

Great! so Geoff, that means you can drop the .cvsignore files in the mp2 tree I believe?

When a propchange is committed a notification mail *will* be sent, but
the post-commit script won't actually tell you the before-and-after in
that case, it seems.  I'm not sure whether that's a deficiency of the
script being used or of SVN itself.

You mean it only tells that there was a change, but not what was the change? if so who should be asked to fix that?