Geoffrey Young wrote:

additionally I think we should have subdirectories for each of the supported
languages

/Apache-Test/perl
/Apache-Test/php
/Apache-Test/parrot (someday soon)

and so on.  in fact, it was the need for a home for php-related docs and
whatnot that prompted this move in the first place ;)

yay, php docs at perl.apache.org :)

And maybe moving testing.pod there would be great too.
s/testing.pod/tutorial.pod/?

yes, specifically under /Apache-Test/perl was what I was going to suggest.

+1

and probably a rewrite rule should be added too for those who link
directly to that URL.

http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/testing/testing.html#Extending_Configuration_Setup

good idea. from an .htaccess file or do we do that in the core httpd.conf?

please refer to the comment at the top of modperl-docs/httpd.conf

of course we could avoid all that, by keeping the tutorial where it is,
and just add a link from config.cfg to it.

sure.  but what I'm hoping to accomplish is a more coherent set of
documentation for Apache-Test that transcends what we've done (and
documented well) over in mod_perl-land.  so shuffling things about would
help that I think.  you?

I'm all for it!

should there be Apache-Test/dist too? or should the CPAN distribution be sufficient?

also we may want to add a /Apache-Test/snapshot for svn-impaired users.

-- __________________________________________________________________ Stas Bekman JAm_pH ------> Just Another mod_perl Hacker http://stason.org/ mod_perl Guide ---> http://perl.apache.org mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] http://use.perl.org http://apacheweek.com http://modperlbook.org http://apache.org http://ticketmaster.com