On 06/10/2013 06:09 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
On 2013-06-10 17:51 (GMT) "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" composed:

On 06/10/2013 04:53 PM, Felix Miata wrote:

So what you're saying is whether Fedora is satisfactory as a testing
tool or secondary OS needn't be determined prior to release; that it
only matters that it works for those who use it as a sole OS.

Yes that our primary focus should be the only OS

Primary focus? Or sole focus? The two are not the same.

Primary as in we should test this but not block the release for it not working

( which is afaik what > other OS like Microsoft Windows or Apple does )

It's not what other top 10 distros do.

First in our foundation indicates we should be leading not following ;)

 running and as secondary
OS as a virtual guest ( or guest container for that matter ).

Resize and refitting another OS along with already installed one on the
same hardware ( disks ) is not something I see as we should or could be
"officially" supporting hence we should not be blocking our release for
that.

Newbie: "Which Linux distro should I try?"

And the opposide part of the coin Fedora just try the live cd/dvd and see if it works out for you if it does you can install it from the live...

JBG