On 2013-06-14 09:59 (GMT-0700) Adam Williamson composed:

'Available space' is *unpartitioned* space, not 'partitions that happen
to be empty'. Anaconda isn't about to assume it can just go ahead and
stick itself in any partition which doesn't currently contain any data.
That does not seem like a sensible thing to do.

Absolutely.

If you want to re-use an
existing partition, you have to tell anaconda that's what you want to
do.

That's a part I can't figure out about Anaconda. To me the natural thing to do is specify one as a mount point. So far I've been unable to figure out how that's done without having first before starting Anaconda put a filesystem on it.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/